Please watch the video below for a discussion about the immediate changes that we are planning to make to the software. The video will walk through the mockups we have created and we will pose some questions where we will need feedback.
The questions will also be listed below. Feel free to comment in this article so that other Focus Group members can see the dialogue.
Summary of Improvements
- Auto completion of search
- Display Name, primary phone number, primary service location address
- Ability to click straight to edit customer record
- Ability to click straight to creating a new service call for that customer
- Ability to create a new customer
- Create New Service Call - Layout
- Re-organized layout so that 90% of information is above the fold
- Ability to view customer information, and edit, from the page (updates customer record)
- Ability to control which customer information was displayed
- Ability to add invoice notes directly to technician notes
- Ability to select/change to an open service call
- Ability to add Reminders/To-Dos to the Tech Notes
- Ability to add Flagged Notes to Tech Notes
- Customer Notes
- New field for "Forever Notes" - note added every time a new call was created
- New column to flag/unflag a note
Please answer these questions in the comments area below so that all Focus Group members can see. Please feel free to respond to a comment posted by another Focus Group member. This dialogue is valuable to discussion.
- How many characters in search before possible results appear?
- If clicking straight to create new call - should we prompt if multiple service location addresses.
- Scroll left-and-right OR 2 two rows of information boxes?
- Would you rather see the information on the screen or have more boxes so that it is always visible - for example, email addresses?
- How many data items do we display? What happens when there is more than this number?
- Do you want the ability to complete Reminders/To Dos from the screen when they become available?