In Version 13.0, we changed the behind scenes structure of our Flat Rate Pricing Module to give companies more control of the data we provide.
There were two reasons that moved us to this decision.
- Rapid inflation, increased volatility in part costs, greater regional differences in costs
- Desire to modify our "System Admin" Repairs, Parts and Repair Tasks
With the Old Structure there was the concept of our "System Library" for Repair Categories, Repair pages, Repair Tasks and Repair Parts. Here, P3 maintained all of this information, including Part Costs.
With this structure, companies elected to either use the information as it stood, or they could clone it thereby creating data in their own "Company Library". This data was free from any restrictions and could be modified at any time.
On an annual basis, P3 would update the costs of Parts in the System Library.
With the New Structure, we have changed the concept of the "System Library". It now works similar to the Equipment Library, whereby data is copied from our "System Library" to each dealer's "Company Library".
This means each company now has full control over all of the Flat Rate information. As a result, there is no need to clone any data because the data is now in the Company Library and free from restrictions.
This also means, that all formerly known as "System Parts" are now "Company Parts" and can be modified directly by your company - both the name and price.
This does mean though, that P3 will no longer be updating the Part Costs in the software. Again, due to the regional volatility in Part Prices this was pretty much an impossible task with the current economic environment. To help companies easily maintain the part costs going forward, as part of this new structure we have provided two ways to complete a bulk update of parts.
What To Expect
- Full Control of Flat Rate Pricing Data - Repair Categories, Repairs, Repair Descriptions, Repair Tasks and Parts
- No more "System Admin" data or restrictions
- The data is the same - everything that you have today is what you will see when 13.0 is live
- The only visual difference will be on the Repair Task and Part list pages. You will see that all Repair Tasks and Parts will have the Delete icon. Before you could not Delete the System Admin Repair Tasks, only deactivate them. However, since all Repair Tasks are now your Repair Tasks - in your Company Library, they can be deleted. We still advise deactivating them as once deleted, they are deleted permanently from the software for your company. Same applies to Parts.
- You can permanently update all Parts across your library - increase or decrease - as many times as desired
- You can now download the Part List into an excel spreadsheet, change it and then upload it back
- We added two new fields to the Part - Manufacturer Part Number and Wholesaler Part Number - to improve Part Management
- Your Part Cost is the same as it was the day before Version 13.0. We have taken the System Part Cost applied the Global Part Change (if you had this setup) and made it your new baseline cost for the part in your Company Library.