Starting with 11.0, there is a new feature to enable the technicians to receive driving directions to their service calls. Once the feature is enabled it will connect the P3 app to either a Map App on the technician's iPad/tablet or technician's cell phone. Then once the address of the service call is passed to that App (like Waze), then that App takes over and provides directions based on the technician's current location and preferences (shortest route, fastest route, etc)
Video - How it Works and How to Activate
Instructions - How to Activate Driving Directions
- From the Command Center, click on Settings
- Under the Dispatch Settings section, click on General Settings
- Under the "Tech Settings" section, change the value of "Enable Driving Directions?" to "Yes"
- Change the value of "Ability to Text the Customer Address to Technician Phone" to "Yes" if you want technicians to use a map app on their phone.
- Click Save
- When 11.0 goes live the default value for all companies will be "No"
- If the setting is enabled to send the Customer Address to the Technician's Cell Phone, then please make sure the technician's cell phone is entered into their P3 user profile
- This feature does require the SMS/Text feature to be enabled for the company