Starting with 11.0, companies can edit, clone and delete Proposal Templates. Prior to 11.0, templates could be created and reused, however, they could not be managed - changed, deleted or cloned.
To accompany the new functionality we have created a new Permission Setting to control the technicians ability to edit Templates. There are 3 levels of permissions - None, Only Their Own and All. Quite simply this means the Technician cannot edit any template, only the templates they have created or all templates for your company. This is a company wide permission setting and it applies to all technicians.
Video - How Manage Proposal Templates and Technician Permission Setting
Instructions - How Manage Proposal Templates and Technician Permission Setting
- From the Command Center, click on Settings
- Under the ESM Settings section, click on Proposal Templates
- Users can Edit, Clone or Delete Proposal Templates
- Click Save
- When 11.0 goes live, the default Technician Setting will be the current behavior which is Technician will not be allowed to edit any Proposal Template
- Cloning a Proposal Template is a fast and easy way to create 2 slightly different versions of the template - for example, a 17/16/14 Condenser template and a 18/16/14 where the 16 and 14 SEER Condensers are the same, but it just changing the high end option.