Starting with 11.0, companies can elect to determine if Profit Margin should be applied to their Installation Materials. Each Installation Material has a designation - "Cost" or "Price". If the company changes the designation for the Material from "Cost" (the default) to "Price" then that amount will be added to the price of the proposal after the profit margin has been applied.
Video - How to Change Installation Material to Price Basis
Instructions - How to Change Installation Material to Price Basis
- From the Command Center, click on Settings
- Under the ESM Setup section, click on Installation Details
- Select the Equipment Type or Complete System Type
- Open an Installation Category
- Change the value from "Cost" to "Price"
- Click Save
- When 11.0 goes live, the default value will be "Cost" for all Installation Materials as the software currently adds margin to all Installation Materials
- Please note while this feature is great for passing through some costs, any Installation Material marked as "Price" will be this designation lower the overall Profit Margin for the actual proposal. Therefore, it will not be uncommon to see an actual proposal margin be less then the desired proposal margin for a given piece of equipment.