Starting with 11.0, companies can elect to set their Installation Labor Cost using Subs instead of just by Employee Time and Cost. In addition, there is a setting to determine if Installation Labor should be marked up or just be a fixed cost in the Proposal Price.
Video Discussion Installation Labor
Instructions - How to Change the Setting to Use Subs
- From the Command Center, click on Settings
- Under the ESM Setup section, click on Margins
- Change the value of "Are Your Equipment Installers Employees or Subs?" to "Subs"
- Enter a Sub amount
- Click Save
- When 11.0 goes live, the default value will be Employees - which is the current behavior of the software prior to 11.0
- The Sub/Employee designation can be set here for the company, but it can also be customized for each Equipment Type on the Installation Details page
- There is a new Setting on the "Margins" page called "Apply Margin To Install Labor?" If this value is "Yes", then the software will apply the profit margin to the cost of the Labor - regardless if it is Employee based or Subs. If "No", then the amount is just added to the final cost.
- "Apply Margin To Install Labor?" will default to "Yes" when 11.0 goes live as that is the current behavior of the software.