Starting with 11.0, companies can define Attributes and associate them with Equipment Types for the purpose of creating a Proposal. Attributes are completely optional, but they will help sales people and technician find and select the most appropriate equipment for a proposal.
Attributes are already in use today; for example, when selecting the Airflow for a Furnace or the Tonnage for a Condenser. With 11.0, while the original attributes cannot be modified, new attributes can now be created by each company. For example, a company might want to sell Thermostats and will want to differentiate between touchscreen and standard stats. This can be accomplished through the use of an Attribute.
Video Discussion on Attributes
Instructions - How to Create an Attribute
- From the Command Center, click on Settings
- Under the ESM Equipment section, click on Attributes
- Click the "Add Attribute" button
- Provide a Name and Attributes
- Click Save
- All existing Attributes are non-configurable for existing Equipment Type - Condensers, Furnaces, Heat Pumps, etc.
- Attributes are not required for Equipment Types
- Attributes Values when used have to be associated with the Model when the specific model is being added to the software. For example, if we create an Attribute called "Color" and create Attribute Values - "Stainless", "White", "Black" and associate them with a Thermostat, then when Thermostat Models are loaded into the software, it will be required to select one of those three values for the Color.